If you have a genetically missing tooth or have lost a tooth due to decay or fracture, dental implants are your best option. This solution is the closest treatment we have that restores the missing tooth just like the natural tooth was there. It allows us to treat the missing tooth independently of the adjacent teeth. In this way we don’t touch the adjacent teeth as when doing a bridge and the adjacent teeth have to be unnecessarily ground down. If you are struggling with dentures, this change can truly change the quality of your life.
Click Here: Special Offers and Deals for Dental Implants
Benefits of Dental Implants
1. Implants help to preserve the jaw bone. When a tooth is removed the bone surrounding the tooth resorbs, load a denture on this area and the bone resorbs 4-10X faster. Wear a denture for 10-20 years and you may not have any bone left. Studies have shown that people who wear dentures on average live 10 years less than those who keep their teeth or have implants. The only other statistic that will take 10 years off your life is smoking. Poor nutrition from not being able to eat correctly with a denture certainly plays a major role in this. Implants will preserve the jaw bone allowing us to place individual teeth or to tightly secure a denture.
2. Implants can improve your oral health. If you have gaps in your smile, it not only causes you embarrassment but bad oral health. Teeth actually lean on each other, depending on neighboring teeth for support. When a tooth is removed, its neighbors start leaning over to fill the gap. Those neighboring teeth can twist, drift forwards and fall back. Eventually, that puts your whole, upper and lower jaw out of alignment and that can bring on other health woes like headache, gum disease and even the need to remove the neighboring teeth.
3. Dental implants are a permanent solution.When permanent teeth are lost, regardless of the reason or number of teeth, dental implants can offer a “new lease on life.” They are superior to other choices because they are solid, secure, and esthetic. After nearly 35 years of use, they have a 90-95% proven success rate in appropriately chosen cases. If you have experienced a lost tooth or teeth and think dental implant may help, call today for a consultation.
Who are Dental Implants For?
There is no need to despair over lost teeth, regardless of how they were lost or how many may be missing. The following characteristics might make you a good candidate for implants:
- If you’ve lost permanent teeth.
- If you’re struggling with dentures.
- If you want to be able to chew again like before.
Remember that Three Frames are experts, fully capable of replacing a single tooth or a full set of teeth. We spend more than 300 hours a year in seminars and training. Imagine not needing dentures anymore!
The Dental Implant Procedure
Before we dive into giving you dental implants, we must do a careful assessment of your mouth and jaw, to make sure we go about it the right way. An important part of this evaluation is to measure your jawbone density, because an implant must have a strong support structure to be able to be effective.
If we find that your mouth is capable of handling an implant, then we’ll take detailed scans of your mouth, so we have the best map for performing the implant. Remember that thousands and thousands of Salt Lake City residents have received dental implants, and Three Frames is very experienced in making sure things are done the right way.
2. Place the Implant
The implant itself is actually a titanium rod. This is what is anchored to jawbone in place of the missing tooth. Though is won’t be visible when the procedure is complete, this part of the process is vital for long-term success. Once this rod is in place, it will need a few months to fuse to the bone. While we wait for this fusion to occur, we can place a temporary crown.
3. Placing the Crown of the Implant
This part is important because it is what people will see. We take great pains to make sure that the crown that goes onto the implant looks as natural as possible, with the best match to the rest of your teeth. Again, Three Frames has already helped thousands of people in Salt Lake City and surrounding cities to achieve a more complete smile.